NTA has released the NEET 2020 application form on December 2, 2019. A separate offline has also been released for Kashmiri NEET aspirants on December 9, 2019, with ten nodal centres where students can download and submit their application form. Eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form of NEET 2020 till December 31. The authority has released the information brochure of NEET 2020 in ten different languages. NEET is a pen and paper test to be held on May 3, 2020, across 155 test cities. NEET correction window will from January 15 to 31, NEET 2020 admit card will be available on March 27 for aspirants who have successfully filled the application 2020. NTA will declare NEET result 2020 by June 4. NEET 2020 is expected to see more than 16 lakh students.
New Changes in NEET UG 2020
- NEET 2020 brochure which was earlier available in two languages is now available in ten different languages including Assamese, English Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Hindi and Bengali. The authority might soon release NEET 2020 prospectus Telugu as well.
- Application fee has gone up for General, SC/ST/PWD and transgender candidates. While General category now has to pay Rs 1500 (an increase of Rs 100), SC/ST/PwD and transgender have to pay Rs 800 (an increase of Rs 50). Fee for OBC NCL and EWS remains at Rs 1400.
- Payment of NEET application fee is online ONLY. It is through net banking/Credit cards/Debit Cards or UPI through State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank/HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Paytm as service provider.
- Now candidates have to upload their class 10 or equivalent passing certificate along with the application form of NEET.
- Also, the scanned image of left thumb impression must also be uploaded. Candidates with no left thumb must upload the image of their right-hand thumb impression.
- A new exam centre has been introduced – Leh (Ladakh) bringing the number of exam centres to 155.
- The upper age limit has been mentioned as 25 years of year with candidates to be born after
- NTA has sought permission to use Aadhaar Number for candidate identity verification. Once the permission is obtained, candidates will be updated accordingly.
- A very important change is that AIIMS and JIPMER counselling will be through the NEET All India Counselling conducted by DGHS.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test commonly called will be conducted by National Testing Agency for admission to the following UG medical courses –
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental /Ayurveda /Siddha /Unani Homeopathy Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non- minority medical colleges shall also be filled on the basis of merit obtained in NEET 2020.